Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of book review requests we will not be accepting new applications until June 01, 2019. Thank you for understanding.
If you are an author and would like for us to review a book you’ve written, please send us an email at email@example.com with the subject “Book Review” and a description of what the book is all about. If we elect to take on the project, we will strive to post a review within a month of the request and we will promote it through our Twitter and Facebook accounts. This time-frame is subject to change depending on the volume of requests we receive.
This service is absolutely free of charge and all we guarantee is an honest and subjective assessment of your literature. We don’t rate books so much as we try to examine them in terms of all they have to offer for two reasons. One, we simply don’t believe in subjective star ratings having any particular value when it comes to reviewing a book. Second, we believe the overall experience a work of literature has to offer is often far too complex to be boiled down into simplistic stars and numbers.
We have a good understanding of the effort it takes to complete any sort of the book, and we promise to always be respectful to any author’s work.
If you would like to send a copy of your book we accept any format.
We reserve the right to decline your request for any other reason, though we will specify if that’s the case.
Please take into consideration the following terms, which we assume you agree to if you choose to contact us:
- While we are always happy to receive requests from any source, it must be noted we cannot make guarantees written in stone about the time it will take to make the review. While Bookwormex is our great passion, managing and evolving it involves much more work besides writing reviews. It would, however, be possible for us to agree on a specific date in advance, a topic to be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- We do look at each and every review request we receive, but we will ultimately not be able to accept all of them due to the sheer magnitude of the work it would involve. In a perfect world there would be time to read every single book, but alas we must pick and choose with the limited time we have. Please keep in mind there is never anything personal to it, and if we cannot review your book for any reason other than there being too many requests at the moment, we will always explain our reasoning.
Our Preferred Genres:
We enjoy a wide range of literature with slight predilections for:
- Thrillers of all sub-genres.
- Murder mysteries and crime fiction in general.
- Historical fiction
- Biography and memoirs
- Horror, noir
- Non-fiction books about scientific discoveries, war, espionage and true crimes.
Genres we DON’T read:
We do not review any erotic or smutty books, nor do we accept chic lit or children’s stories (unless they are truly exceptional).
Once again, if you would like to get in touch with us, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org